Tuesday, October 3, 2006

I Have Returned

Return from Vacation 2001Or as I might say in the language which I am fond of using, ¡He vuelto! Yesterday we arrived home from our two-thousand mile trip in which we went through nine states and as far east as North Carolina. I had never seen four of the states we visited (North & South Carolina, Georgia, and Louisiana), and it was truly a southern vacation. I guess the only southern states we missed were Virginia and Florida, which I would certainly like to visit someday.

Although the final destination of our journey was Flat Rock, North Carolina, we took our time getting there and getting back, and saw a great many interesting places along the way. We were going to Roundhouse, a family encampment for homeschoolers who are members of the church. Although we had long known of the event, until now we had not been able to go. However, this year we decided to make the journey east, in order to meet some like-minded folks and see what it was like.

The whole trip was both fun and interesting, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. As we traveled, things kept popping into my head that would make good topics for blog posts, so now that I’m home, I’m going to try something new. Every week, beginning Friday, I will have a new blog post about something interesting I encountered on our trip east. I have a list of thirteen things to write about (thirteen is a lucky number, at least for me), and I’ll try to do it every week. I will also be sharing some pictures from the trip. So check back often! I hope you like it. And by the way, how do you like the new blog color?

An activity

You don’t have to do this if you don’t want to, but here it is: From my description of the places we went, which nine states did we go through? Here’s a hint: the number includes the state where I live, and it might help to look at a map of the Confederate States of America. Add a comment if you can figure it out!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At October 04, 2006 , Blogger Doyle Bruce said...

Hi Benjamin,
Sounds good. It was a great vacation. I was telling mommy that it would rank around the top 2 favorites. Oh yes, we have only gone on 2 major vacations.
Does that picture of you mommy and Deborah look familiar? It seems that you are shorter than mommy?

I Love you...Daddy

 
At October 04, 2006 , Blogger Benjamin said...

Yes, the photo is from our first long vacation in 2001, when we went all the way to the southern border of Canada. Apparently my sister was glad to get back to Texas!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home