Saturday, September 2, 2006

College already?

No, I didn't wake up this morning and realize that I had become Rip Van Winkle and missed two years of high school. Rest assured that I'm still a junior, it's just that this semester I'm taking a couple of online classes at Weatherford College as "double enrollment." They tell me that this means I'll get credit for both college and high school from these classes.

Being my first college classes, I figured it would be best to take a class on something I enjoy, so I chose Web Programming. Basically in this class I'll be learning how to make a webpage from scratch, starting from a blank text document and working from there (yes, with notepad!).

I'm also taking a database class for Microsoft Access this semester, so that I'll be able to take the advanced web programming class in the spring. Not quite as thrilling as HTML, but good to know for MySQL (the type of databases used with websites).
So there you have it—I'm an official student of Weatherford College. I even got my very own students.wc.edu e-mail address! How cool. And I don't even have to go to the college since my classrooms are online.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home