Friday, August 11, 2006

The Music of Nature

This afternoon I was seated at my desk in my room, listening to some music, as I am wont to do. At 4:00 when I went outside to gather the eggs, the air was still just as blistering hot as before, but I heard some thunder and there was a dark cloud in the distance. When I got back in I unpaused my music. Not long after that, it began raining, and I ran outside and just stood in it, soaking it in. It hasn't rained here for so long that even the cacti are shriveling up! After a while I decided to go back in since it was thundering, and when I entered my room I thought about turning my music back on. However, I decided instead to open the window and let in some fresh air.

When I opened the window, the pleasant sound of raindrops falling on the ground came through like a soft breeze. I enjoyed this soothing sound until the rain stopped a few minutes later. As it ceased raining and a gentle wind began to blow, I thought about how wonderful the sound of rain is. I have a couple of CD's that have a song with sounds of rainfall, but no artificial sound coming from my speakers can compare with the beautiful music of nature.

Thus is my thought for the day. I encourage you to turn off your music and go listen to the music of nature. Even if it's not raining, I'm sure there are some birds out your window who would be willing to sing for you.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At August 13, 2006 , Blogger Benjamin said...

Just thought I'd mention that it rained again yesterday, and we got three quarters of an inch so I hear. It rained so much that our skylights began leaking, which reminded me of a version of the song "Arkansas Traveler". Anyway, we are very thankful to the Lord for the rain he's sent our way.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home