Friday, March 30, 2007

Presidential Signature



The other day as we were digging through a box of papers and objects pertaining to my early childhood, we came across this baseball ticket. We all knew it existed before we found it, but its whereabouts had been unknown for a while, and I was excited to rediscover it.

My dad told me that I probably wasn't at the Rangers game (I was only a year old), but he got these two signatures while there. The one, of course, is that of our current President and former Governor, George W. Bush. The other is from someone who has since been forgotten; some TV announcer or something.

And why was Mr. Bush at a Rangers game in 1991? Why, he was part owner of the team then, back before the Ballpark was built and they played in Arlington Stadium. Apparently he had the best seat in the stadium, but even so, my dad said he was probably more excited about getting the other person's autograph than Mr. Bush's!

The rest, of course, is history. In 1994 he was elected Governor of Texas, and in 2000 he was elected President. I can't help but think he's probably gotten a few gray hairs since he had such a laid-back job as General Partner for the Rangers, since he's had a particularly tough time being President (a bit more than he bargained for, I guess you could say). I'm sure he's looking forward to retiring!

By the way, I was quite glad to find out that the Rangers won that night (amazing what you can find on the internet). Also, you may be interested in comparing this autograph to another, which he signed as President. Just think! This ticket might be valuable!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home