Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The Rightful Name Restored

I heard on the radio this morning that they have officially renamed the Texas Rangers' stadium—again. It was three years ago, so I hear, that they applied the name Ameriquest Field to the ballpark, entering in a contract with an insurance company with that name. Despite the opposition by fans and players alike, they have kept the name, until just recently. They even put a gigantic bell in the stadium that rang when a home run was hit.

Happily, the ballpark now has its old name back again, The Ballpark in Arlington. This is the name by which I have always called it, and I am glad to see them bring it back again, despite the fact that I'm a rather unfaithful fan. I don't think I've even been to a Rangers' game since they changed the name, and it's been ages since I watched one on TV (although it's tough when you don't have a TV). Nevertheless, I am still a baseball fan at heart, and I will forever root for the Rangers.

Charge!

Read article: It's now Rangers Ballpark in Arlington

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home